- This event has passed.
LIFTING LIVES at United Against Poverty
October 14 at 3:00 pm till 6:00 pm
Join us as we help inspire and empower people living in poverty to lift themselves and their families to economic sufficiency. Volunteers will assist in the grocery program performing a variety of tasks including bagging groceries for members, stocking grocery shelves, unpacking boxes in the warehouse, and organizing and cleaning shelves. Volunteers will work alongside staff and members to help provide empowerment and dignity for over 500 families who come through the doors every single day!
Please read the guidelines below in it’s entirety prior to attending the event.
1) Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior for a group orientation by the organization to ensure a smooth volunteering experience.
2) Volunteers must wear closed toed shoes to be able to participate.
3) Please wear any Who is Hussain apparel you have. This is an often underestimated but an important tool that allows us to be identified and provides increased visibility of our message.
4) Each volunteer must fill out a volunteer waiver form and bring it in on the day of the event. Waivers will be available on site for those who prefer to fill them out after arrival. Keep in mind that these must be filled out in advance for those under 18 years old as they require a parent or guardian signature.
5) Photography is allowed as long as you do not capture any faces of the members unless they have agreed to it through a media release form.
6) Volunteers should park at the South Lot, which is right past the member lot on Joseph Street in the white fenced in area.